Pet Supermarket has everything that our furry friends need. It has also established stores in a dozen states that offer care products and services. It takes pride in the positive impact it has on the lives of pets and their owners. If you are reading this, then it means you are interested in working in a Pet Supermarket or own a pet that needs tender care. So, address all your pet care needs, as we answer the questions you might have about them.
Table of Contents
- How Much Does Pet Supermarket Pay
It has a competitive compensation program for the workers compared to many other retail businesses. The sales representatives receive an average hourly pay of $8.27. The workers in the position of Retail Assistant Manager in the stores receive $9.97 per hour. The cashiers are paid $8.53 per hour. The Assistant Store Managers, Store Manager, and groomers are paid the highest. The store managers receive $41,700 per year, $30,412 per year for the Assistant Store Managers, and 30,025 for expert groomers.
Employees Benefits and Perks
Pet Supermarket provides generous benefits plans for its workers. The company offers retirement and financial benefits to the workers through the 401(K) and profit-sharing plans. The pension plans help its workers to invest for retirement, and the company also makes a contribution. It offers worker health and insurance benefits. The employees are eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Pet Supermarket also provides group life insurance, long-term disability insurance, which will offer income replacement for employees that cannot work because of an injury or illness. Workers also have short-term disability insurance. They also enjoy the benefit of a flexible working schedule that enables the workers to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Workers also have paid time off.
Pet Supermarket Near Me
Pet Supermarket has multiple stores spread out in various states. The table below shows the states and the cities where you can find Pet Supermarket stores.
|Alabama||Gardendale, Northport, Birmingham, Montgomery, rainbow city|
|Florida||Ocala, Mount Dora, Clermont|
|Georgia||Macon, Albany, McDonough|
|Kentucky||Lexington, Nashville, Clinton, Kingston Pike|
|North Carolina||Southern Pines, Burlington, Cary, Fayetteville, Raleigh, Greensboro, Rock Hill, Hickory|
|South Carolina||Lexington, Matthews|
|Texas||Killeen, Marble Falls, Hutton, Arlington|
|Tennessee||Franklin, Bellevue, Kingston Pike|
The Allowed age to work in Pet Supermarket
If you are interested in working for Pet Supermarket, you should be aware of the age restriction. Pet Supermarket hires people above 18 years. Many of the jobs in this company involve lots of customer advisory, which is why they have to employ people of the right age who can interact and communicate well with customers. The company will ask for proof of age, such as an identity card or driving license.
The stores offer highly sensitive services, such as vaccination and grooming. Therefore, involving minors can lead to disastrous results, and it would be impossible to earn customers’ trust.
The company advertises the available opportunities on its careers page of the website. The career opportunities are in three categories. They have people working in the head office, stores, and warehouses. The careers page appears as shown below.
The company allows online applications only. The following are the details that the applicant will need to submit in their online application form;
- Do you have a history of working for Pet Supermarket- If the answer is yes, you will have to provide the dates of when you started and stopped working and the location of the store.
- Are you related to an employee at Pet Supermarket-If yes, you might have to give their name
- Criminal record-If yes, you must give details.
- First name
- Last Name
- Position desired
- Phone number
Other information submitted include
- Employment history
Once you are short-listed for the position, you will undergo a professional interview process to confirm your suitability for the position.
Pet Supermarket stores are open every day of the week. From Monday to Saturday, the retail stores open at 9 am, and they close by 9 pm. On Sundays, they open the stores at 10 am and close at 7 pm.
The long open hours make it convenient for customers to visit the store. Even the people that get out of work late, they can still catch the store opened. The other advantage it offers customers is by opening during weekends. This is when many people are free to restock on pets’ food, and purchase other products and services, such as grooming services.
Pet Supermarket Services
VIP Petcare is one of the services that are offered in Pet Supermarket stores. It is a convenient, quality in-store vaccination service. A client does not have to book an appointment to access this preventive care for their dog or cat. One just has to walk in into a Pet Supermarket retail store closest to their location to access this service.
The VIP Petcare services are affordable to ensure that all people can access the care that is needed to keep their pets healthy, safe, and happy. We know that many people, even in low-income households, also have pets. Therefore, Pet Supermarket makes it possible for their pets to receive preventive care. Other services offered under VIP Petcare include microchipping and prescribing preventative medication for fleas, ticks, and heartworms.
Grooming Tail’s is a service that is provided in Pet Supermarket stores. This service aims to help pet owners keep their pets looking good and feeling their best. It consists of full-service grooming salons, and the service providers are committed to providing a personalized experience. Pet owners have access to the finest and friendly grooming experience for their pets and competitive prices.
The service includes an 8-Point Check to evaluate the pet’s needs because different pets have different needs. There are various services that a pet owner can choose from, according to the grooming needs of their pet. Their prices are based on the type of service and size of the pet.
The grooming experts understand that it takes a high-level trust for someone to leave their pet in someone else’s hands, and so they take the best care of the pet as if their own. The company ensures that each of the groomers undergoes annual certification to ensure they can deliver a safe and healthy grooming experience.
The pet owner has to call for an appointment, which makes is possible to deliver a personalized experience. They can either drop their pet off at the store for the grooming appointment, pick it later, or wait until the session is completed. In addition to a bath and a trim, the other services offered are nails trim, face trim, feet trim, ear cleaning, and teeth brushing.
Self-Service Dog Wash
Pet Supermarket stores include pet washing stations, with all the items that one needs to bath their pet. These include aprons, towels, shampoo, conditioner, and high-quality professional driers. The washing stations are well elevated, allowing one to wash their pet comfortably. The water is also well-heated. The company charges $10 per dog. Self-service Dog Wash is targeting the people that do not have pet washing stations in their homes.
Pet Supermarket offers pet adoption services. The company works in collaboration with rescue centers to find loving homes for different types of pets. Some of the stores are fitted with cat and dog houses to showcase to customers that visit the stores the pets available for adoption. Therefore, even as one is shopping for their pet, they may get interested in getting another one.
The stores also organize for adoption drives to push for the adoption of pets in rescue centers. These pets need loving homes where they will be taken good care of. The campaigns create awareness to the public about animal adoption.
Pet Supermarket Products
Pet Supermarket stores premium best dog food and other supplies for dogs, cats, fish, birds, reptiles, and small animals. Customers can expect that the products they purchase from Pet Supermarket are of high quality. The table below shows the product categories for different kinds of pets.
Bone and natural chews
Soft and chew treats
Carrier and travel
Health and wellness
Collar and leashes
Clean up and waste control
|Cats||Food and Treats||Litter & Accessories||Supplies|
Litter waste disposal
Health and wellness
Furniture & scratches
Collars and leashes
Cleaning & repellent
Bowls & feeding
Bottom feeders food
Koi and pond fish food
Décor & accessories
Heat & Lighting
Cleaning & maintenance
Wild bird food
|Health and wellness
Cages & accessories
|Small pets||Food and Treats||Supplies|
|Health and grooming
|Reptile food||Health and wellness
Pet Supermarket Reviews
As we explained before, Pet Supermarket offers various products that customers can purchase from the company’s stores or order online. It also provides some services inside the stores. Here we will discuss what customers think about the Pet Supermarket. The review indicates the things that the company is doing right and the aspects needing improvement or change.
- VIP Petcare– it is one of the services provided in Pet Supermarket stores. This service has received many positive reviews because it focuses on offering high-quality preventive care to pets. Customers appreciate that qualified veterinarians provide Petcare services. The other good thing about it is that no appointment is needed to access the service.
- VIP rewards- Customers also like when they can earn points for every purchase they make from any of the company stores. They reward one point for every dollar spent. The customer can then redeem 100 points for a discount of $5 in their next purchase. A person also earns a free Self-Service Dog wash after six washes.
- Offer one-stop-shop experience- Pet Supermarket stores are unique because they offer all that a customer needs under one roof. Customers appreciate that apart from availing a variety of products, Pet Supermarket also offers essential services, such as vaccination.
- Affordable– the products and services in Pet Supermarket are reasonably priced compared to other competitor stores. The low prices make it easy for more people to take good care of these pets.
- The online shop is user-friendly– The interface of the company’s online retail shop is well developed. This makes it easy for online customers to search for products and place their orders.
- Limited location- customers do not like that Pet Supermarket has opened stores in just ten states. This limitation locks out customers in other states who would have loved to access the Pet Supermarket stores’ services, such a vaccination, grooming, and others. Although they can order products online, they cannot use the services in retail locations.
- No auto-ship program– this limitation prevents recurring customers from scheduling the shipping of the products they need for their pets. It is a problem that denies customers the convenience of ordering. If it were available, then customers would not be running out of food for their pets.
- VIP rewards restrictions– The program is useful to customers, but it contains some aspects that are not favorable to customers.